Skip to main content

I just moved to a house where I got told there's fiber connection. So I started my contrat with KPN starting 1st of March.

I had an appointment for installation today, but kpn cancelled it automatically considering self-installment will be enough (which wasn't the case). Unfortunately there's no fiber optic box installed in the house. I only see the orange cable and that's all.

What should I do? Where can I get the required box/boxes, who can help me about this?

Hi @Senem, welcome to the KPN Forum! Sorry to hear that things aren't going quite according to plan. Thank you for filling in your forum profile, that has enabled me to take a look at the situation right away. And that, also right away, reveals a problem. Which is that I cannot find a contract on that address.

So, first things first! Are you sure you have taken a contract with KPN the Internet Service Provider (kpn.com)? I ask because KPN Netwerk generally controls the physical netwerk in the ground, but does not deal with the actual internet services. And it is often possible to get internet services over a KPN Netwerk line from a different service provider.

If you are sure you have taken a contract with us, take another look at your forum profile and check if the postal code and house number are correct. If not, please fix and press the save button. Then reply here that you have done so. We'll take another look to see what is going on.

If the address is correct, then we're in trouble. Because then there is no contract. It is not in our systems, and it is also not on our list of orders that went wrong, If you have any documentation of your order, please add any order numbers, customer numbers, anything that looks like an identifier of some sort, to your forum profile. You can do so in the field ‘persoonlijke opmerking’. After, reply here that you have done this. We will look into it then.

Yes, there was a typo in my address. I've updated it.

I called the customer service the other day, and got an appointment. I explained the situation at phone also, I see the orange cable coming out of ground and a blank white box with no input/outputs. There's nothing more, no NT box etc.. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon. Can you see any details with the correct address?

Thank you for updating the address, @Senem. I have now found the contract :)

And what I'm seeing is that, according to our system, everything has been active since March 3. Could you take a photo of fiber optic box and the surrounding situation? That will make it easier to determine what exactly still needs to be done. And how we can get that sorted.

This seems to be missing a part, indeed. I also see that you've had a technician yesterday. Is everything working now since he left? 

This seems to be missing a part, indeed. I also see that you've had a technician yesterday. Is everything working now since he left? 

Yes! He installed the missing box and now everything works. Thanks for trying to help.