Skip to main content

Hi mates, my contract is supposed to start today, and, when I signed with the KPN, it was stated that my apartment is ready for a fiber optics connection. When I followed the installation instructions, I found out that the fiber optics modem is not present. After talking with the KPN support, they said that 1) a subcontractor for the fiber optics modem installation will come, but they do not know when, and 2) I will have to pay for the contract starting today, no matter that I cannot use the services provided. Can anything be done about it or should I start looking for another Internet provider?

Hi @Marat Akhin! I`m sorry to hear you weren't able to start your contract today. Let me start with the positive news: you don't start paying until your modem is connected and works. This means that if you can't connect your modem you won't pay.

The (possibly) bad news is that I can't tell you when you are going to have that connection. If a contractor still has to perform some actions, this may take some time.

I've checked out the status with the data in your profile. As it stands the best thing to do now is call 0800-0402. Ask them to plan an engineer as soon as possible. The engineer will check out where the exact problem is and start the process that will get you internet.Â