Skip to main content

Hi KPN,

Yesterday the electricity in my house went off about five hours.

And after the electricity went back, my WiFi is not working anymore.

My equipment is fiber optic box XGS-PON and modem box 12 I believe.

My WiFi shows connected, no internet. I think the connection is not working for fiber optic box although the signal lights on it are correct.

Is there a way I can check myself or I need a technician?

Hello @Raijmond110, ave you tried to reset your connection?  Take the power of the fiber box for 2 minutes and also disconnect the Box 12. After 2 minutes turn the Fiber box back on and after that connect the Box 12 again. If the connection is not back? Try to reset the Box 12. There is a resetbutton on the back of the modem. Yoy can push that button with something small. 

If all those steps do not help the fastest way to get this fixed is to contact our customer service. You can call the free of charge number 0800-0402. 

Hi @Jeroen_dB 

Thank you for replying me back.

And yes I have tried resetting but it is not working.

I have called the number this morning but my Dutch is bad and it is difficult for me to continue.

Oke, let us help you then. Can you fill in your forumprofile? After you have done that, please reply in this topic. 

Can you also describe how the lights of the Box 12 are burning? 

Hi @Jeroen_dB 

I have filled in necessary data in profile.

Fiber box: power and connection stable green light 

Modem box: power, WiFi, internet green light. But only power light is stable, WiFi light sometimes flashes, internet light constantly flashes.

And the cable (from fiber box) is connected to WAN port (red color) of modem

Also I have tested yesterday to plug the cable from fiber box directly to my laptop, shows limited connection, no internet can be accessed

I have plannend a mechanic to fix this. He will arrive between 13:00 - 17:00 today. 

Hi @Jeroen_dB 

The mechanic just left, it is fixed after fiber optic box is replaced.

Thank you and have a nice day.