Skip to main content

The previous owner in my new house only ever had Ziggo internet -  coax .

This is the only thing I have in my house.

Do I need an adapter for this and how do I order it?

I don’t have time to wait for a technician. The next available is 2 weeks away.

@dunski  
There's indeed an adapter for this IS/RA connection. (the four pin connector)
A moderator can order one for you. Could you update your profile and let them know?

thank you @HansaanZet

I've updated my profile.

How do I notify the moderator? @HansaanZet ​​

@dunski You can't notify them directly. When one of them reads this topic they will response directly in this topic. It can take a while….😏

Hi @dunski, welcome to our forum! I see you already filled out your profile. I've sent you the adapter. It should be delivered tomorrow. You'll get a text with more information!
Let us know if everything works! 

Thanks very much Thomas!

I wil let you know how I get on.

Hi,

Thanks again @Thomas.

I still have not received that adapter.

In the mean time I picked one up in Gamma.

Please see the picture below. Is this the right one?

I plugged it into the dsl port on my modem.

I get a flashing green light on internet.

I can connect devices to it as normal but there is no Internet!

Do I need to run some kind of program on the router or something?

(Note: the light in the last picture on the router is green for Internet, but that’s because it is flashing)

Hi @dunski, the internet LED being green is generally a good sign, wether it's blinking or not. From this end I'm not getting any connection with the modem though.

Are you sure there's no other KPN connections in your house?
I'm not sure if the gamma adapter is wired the same but the one I sent yesterday should arrive somewhere today. It will be delivered by Postnl.

If that adapter also does not work it might be better do send over a technician sooner than later to take a look at the connection. The quickest way to get an appointment scheduled is by phone on 0800-0402.

Otherwise I can also schedule one in for you but if you want to make a specific appointment calling is generally easier.

Hi @Thomas ,

I actually found another KPN 4 pin socket and tried it,  however its the exact same, No Internet.

Could you please schedule the technician for me to come when ever is the next available slot.

I am here all day every day.

Thank you kindly.

Dunski

Alright, I've scheduled a technician! The soonest available was tomorrow between 13:00 and 17:00. Could you let me know how it went?

Thanks a million @Thomas 

I will definitely let you know how it goes :)

Hi @Thomas 

The Technician came today thanks to you :)

He had to rewire the connection at the box by the doorway and also fix the connection on the wall where I was plugging the adapter into. So he got it working. Was quite a bit of work. 

So all are very happy in the house :)

Thanks you and the Technician.

Dunski

Ah great! Thanks for your feedback!😊