Skip to main content

Today I went to self-install the KPN Box 12. Followed the instructions, connected to power. Power green light on, wifi green light on, but internet green light flashing for TWO hours. Tried resetting the Modem 12, nothing, Tried to reconnect to a power source, still nothing. Turned it on and off thrice more. The Internet green light is still flashing.

What can I do now?

Problem 2. When I checked my order status, the system said that my Modem was activated on the 9th of February. I only brought the modem box to the property TODAY. So is KPN going to assume it was connected on the 9th when its barely working even now?

Now we have to purchase a 50 GB data sim to facilitate this installation process (my mom works from home). Does anyone know how long it will take for the issue to be resolved? Do I need to buy 50GB x 3, otherwise my mom will have to stop working. What a nightmare.

Thank you.

I have the same problem - My internet connected 23 June but internet light flashing and no internet in the house. KPN is asking to call customer service 24/7 but it is very complicated when expat do not speaking Dutch. The answering menu is exclusively in Dutch. No menu in English and after a while not knowing which option to choose, the line just falls!! I wish KPN would make an effort for expats here and just have like most countries: for Dutch type 1, for English type 2… especially since English is widely used here.  Now, I need to go back to the KPN shop, which is not exactly next door to my house…

Admin: afgesplitst

I received my KPN box 12 as I moved to a new place. I received a box with modem with very minimal instructions only in Dutch. Thank you for the expat community... I then received an SMS saying that my internet was activated on 21st June. I then plugged the modem and waited... the green light for internet is flashing and light is fixed for wifi. I tried different plugs but nothing. KPN sent me that strange looking 4 pin plug that I cannot plug anywhere. I am not sure what it is for. After trying a few plugs, I tried to call customer service. Then again, vocal menu exclusively in Dutch. So I did not know which option to use. After waiting, pressing 0 and 9 (normally used for operator) the line fell. That does not feel good when you are already stressed. Could you PLEASE make your site with an English version and at least your vocal customers assistance line menu with an English option, ex: for English, press 2?? This would really help the expat community here. I find it so strange as English is so well spoken in Netherlands. Can you please help me or contact me? I am stuck here and I need help. I paid for my plan and nothing is working right now. I really need this issue fixed.

Admin: merged with your other topic

Hi @Chloe N 
Call 0800 0402 free number. say I want to speak to a KPN employee. And then you can do your story in English.

hi @Chloe N . Did you call the number? How did it turn out?