Skip to main content

I’ve recently started a KPN internet subscription with KPN, and was well aware that I needed to get my fibreglass installed first.

I’ve indicated this to KPN’s customer service several times already, as I was coming from another internet provider who were terrible at keeping me in the loop as to the status of my internet connection.

After many times calling KPNNetwerk and the Third-party installer who were in charge of the fibreglass installation, I finally got the fibreglass installed. On the day this was installed, I called KPN Network and KPN to let them know this was installed, and all the response they gave me was to wait, as everything will be automated from here on out, since my subscription with KPN will only start in 2 weeks on the 23rd of February.

Now it’s been 2 weeks, and I called KPN to check when the router will be sent to me, only for them to tell me that in their system the fibreglass hadn’t been installed. I was then told to call KPN Netwerk myself, for them to tell me that it’s not installed in their system either. Which meant I had to call the Third Party installer myself to check what the situation was.

The level of indifference from all service providers is mind-boggling to me. You are forcing your customers to check on their own what the status of the installation is by having us call all of you about everything, and not even calling the customers back regarding any issues leaving us in the dark! My subscription is about to start in 2 days, yet KPN cannot set 5 minutes of their day to let me know that in their system the status is still not installed? Seriously? 

I’m not on my 3rd month without internet with still nobody proactively trying to get this subscription sorted.

Very disappointed so far with this service.

Hi @Paramitha . Welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry about your inconvenience.  I guess we didn't receive the ‘go-ahead’ from KPNNetwerk.   This is an essential step in the process. 

Did you receive any new updates since then? 

Hi @Erwin_ 

Apologies for my late reply. I did manage to get in contact with KPN's customer service, and have received the temporary Alcatel modem for now, so I am quite happy that there is at least a temporary solution. How long this will last, however, is something I am slightly worried about, as I do not know how many times KPN are willing to "top up" the GB in the modem.

I have been told to wait until I hear back from KPN, who they themselves, as you mentioned, are awaiting the confirmation from KPNNetwerk, who, in turn, are awaiting confirmation from their third party contractor.

As far as the third party contractor is concerned, the last information that they have given me is that they cannot "activate" my fiberglass box, because the project in my location is "closed" and KPN would need to "reopen" it. When I told this to KPN, they seem to say that this is wrong, and in my last call with someone at KPN, they said that there is "something" planned for April, but I'm not sure what this means exactly.

As you can see from all the information above, all parties seem to only be looking at screens and making assumptions, which I don't have enough knowledge to decipher.

Just as a precautionary measure here, could you let me know if there been a case where KPN themselves have cancelled a planned contract with a customer due these types of high rise building situations that they cannot resolve? I would just like to prepare in case this happens for my case, as I'm not sure how long I can hold out for a fibreglass connection which may or may not be installed in an apartment that I am renting, and might move out from before the 1 year contract with an internet provider ends.

Thanks in advance