Skip to main content

Hello KPN community,

I have only recently arrived in the Netherlands, so im still learning Dutch, so i post this in English. We finally managed to find anĀ apartment, we have moved in a couple of days ago and I ordered KPN 1gb fiber. All the equipment just arrived and i have connected the black fiber box to the fiber connection point, however.

I now have 2 problems:

- The connection point is in a meter cupboard just outside of the apartment door. After connectingĀ the black fiber box i realized there is noĀ power points in the cupboard. So how do i get power to the fiber box ?

- Once i get the power issue sorted how do i then get internet from the black fiber box to inside the apartment ?

Ā 

Please photos below for reference.

Ā 

I donā€™t want to be rude, but it seems you have power on the side of the fuse box?Ā 

So, the NT (black box) needs power and the router (ExperiaBox) needs power as well.

You can connect the NT with the ExperiaBox using a UTP cable (CAT6 is preferred).

Then, you might want to add your own accespoint if you want reliable wifi coverage.Ā 

Thatā€™s up to you.Ā  I would want to run at least one ethernet cable to my living room and then connect an accesspoint to it to cover my living area.

I can spot an empty tube near the fuse box. You may wanā€™t to find out where that tube is going and then run an ethernet cable inside.

Not rude at all. I was thinking of unpluggin the power to the fuse and connect aĀ power extension lead. But im not sure if this will break something.

Yes ideally i would like to have ethernet inside the apartment for some devices such as: my home office and ps5 etc and then everything else would be on wifi.

I will investigate the empty tube as well.

Thanks.Ā 

Not rude at all. I was thinking of unpluggin the power to the fuse and connect aĀ power extension lead. But im not sure if this will break something.

Yes ideally i would like to have ethernet inside the apartment for some devices such as: my home office and ps5 etc and then everything else would be on wifi.

I will investigate the empty tube as well.

Thanks.Ā 

You could do that, however I spotted a power cord on the right of the box. You could just buy a ā€œstekkerdoosā€ (power strip).. and connect everything.

Yes its connected to the transformer that you can just below. Do i need to turn off the fuse box before i disconnect it ?

Yes its connected to the transformer that you can just below. Do i need to turn off the fuse box before i disconnect it ?

I donā€™t know about that. What does it power? You will have to see. Could be just for a doorbell, but I canā€™t judge that from this picture.

Yeah i just checked its a grotheĀ 3112k aka a doorbell transformer.

Lijkt me gewoon een stekker in een stopcontact. Die trek je er uit en je zet er een stekkerblok tussen:

Ā