Skip to main content

Hi,

we got an Expedia box v8 in our appartment (...)

the connexion is very very poor (max 2mb/s on Speedtest)

could you please let me know how it is possible to have such a poor connexion in the center of Amsterdam ? 

also my wireless green light isn’t fix right now, I mean the wireless light is flashing, what does it mean ? 

sorry I only speak English.

many thanks.

*Admin: gegevens verwijderd i.v.m. privacy

Hi @Pen23, welcome to the forum! To start with, I have modified your username in accordance with our house rules. Thanks for giving your address. We have removed that data from your posting as this is a public forum. We have added the data to your forum profile which is the place where you can privately put your info (all the fields marked ‘privé’).

When I check your address I'm not getting any definite results. It seems that all addresses have an addition to the house number. Please add yours to your forum profile. Reply here when you've done so. I can then check your connection.

Hi,

thanks, address amended.

the thing is our connection is around 30-50 mbps during the day, and then after 7pm, the connexion collapses.

at 8-9 pm, the connexion is between 1 up to 2 mpbs and then for the rest of the evening.

of course, when I run the test, I disconnect everything from the box, exept my phone or computer which is doing the test.

I really can’t understand why the connexion isn’t stable and can switch from 50 mbps during the day to almost nothing during the evening…

thanks,

Thank you, @Pen23, but that's not quite what I mean. You've entered 179 as the housenumber. But when I check the address, that housenumber on its own does not exist. The housenumbers for that block are 179-1A, 179-1V, 179-3A, 179-3V, 179-4 and 179-H. Which one of those is yours? 

Hi Erik,

thanks for the explanation, sorry I just arrived few months ago.

correct number is 179-1V.

thanks,

Excellent, thank you, @Pen23. I'm still having some problems. So, I have an additional two questions for you. First: is the contract for internet in your name, or did internet come with the house (and, as such, is registered to a different name)? And second: is it actually KPN or is/was it Telfort?

Reason I'm asking is because I can only find a contract registered to a Dutch name.  Also, we are currently migrating all Telfort contracts to KPN. The contract that I am finding is a Telfort contract that has just been migrated to us. If this is yours, perfect, then I can work with that. But because it has only just been migrated, a few things are still processing, so I won't be able to really do anything until after the weekend. 

If the contract that I'm finding is not yours, and you have one that is registered to your own name, then it's probably still fully Telfort. And in that case, you would need to contact them.

Hi thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I don’t know if my box is à Telfort or a KPN, I only know the codes which are on it.

I’m the renter of the apartment, my landlord is a friend and is very old (85 years old) it’s impossible to explain him that my internet is terribly slow, he will not understand.

He is also almost deaf now, so if I ask him to contact you via phone, the dialogue will be impossible. (Of course I know his name, own his passport and all others documents)

I just would like to know why my connexion is very very poor sometimes during the day. It’s very difficult to work from home with this kind of connexion.

I just wanna understand where the problem comes from and if I can  « translate » it to my landlord.

Thanks ! 

Hi @Pen23, thanks for your reply! I found the contract, but it is still an Telfort subscription. So I have to ask you to try our Telfort colleagues. You can call 0900-9596 or ask your question on their forum. Apologies for the inconvenience!