Skip to main content

Hi

I used to play online games.  Last week I tried to play online but had terrible delay.  I tried doing dslreports testing and its always points to Zurich but I am in Netherlands.  And I always use cloudflare DNS.  It used to give me very good ping which is under 3 ms and always have 5 hops.  But when I tested yesterday I had around 15ms average and it looks like routing is different.

is there any change happened in KPN network?  I appreciate your help.

Thanks

Badri M

Mysetup is like this.

Fibre Optic Box → x86 router → wired to xbox and PC

No wifi and only 2 systems connected.

I tried pingplotter for cloudflare dns server and it looks like routing is different.  

Earlier no. of hops used to be 5 but it now goes through Germany.  Will it be related to any KPN routing change?

The reason I created this thread is I have terrible lag in online competitive gamin.  I appreciate your input and suggestions.

Thanks

Badri M

Hi @badrisuper, when I see the outcome I think there's nothing to worry about. If you think cloudfare is the problem, maybe you can try a different DNS. But first I want to advise you to pingplot to the gaming server. What is the outcome of that?

Similar problems with NextDNS DNS servers. Ping times to 45.90.28.123 have gone up from 3-4ms to 23-24ms :(

That's the IP adress of the gameserver? 

That's the IP adress of the gameserver? 

No, that’s the IP address of one of the NexDNS DNS servers.

Will you please fill in your profile? Let me know when you did. I will check your line to see if there is something wrong. 

Hi @badrisuper, when I see the outcome I think there's nothing to worry about. If you think cloudfare is the problem, maybe you can try a different DNS. But first I want to advise you to pingplot to the gaming server. What is the outcome of that?

Hi

I tried different IPs which are through my xbox series x.  But not sure which one is game server.

But it always happens.

And my both upload and download is also not stable.  It always fluctuates.  When upload bufferbloat is higher.

Thanks

Badri M

Hello @badrisuper there is a problem with Clodflare at the moment, see this link (in dutch):

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/198198/veel-websites-zijn-niet-bereikbaar-door-grote-storing-bij-cloudflare.html

Hello @badrisuper there is a problem with Clodflare at the moment, see this link (in dutch):

https://tweakers.net/nieuws/198198/veel-websites-zijn-niet-bereikbaar-door-grote-storing-bij-cloudflare.html

Hi @JanD , Thanks for the information. 

Badri M

There is no packet loss, 100 % of the packages arrives at it's destination. But you see the msn servers are take way to much time to sent them through. 

And of course I will check your line. Will you please fill in your profile so I have all the details to work with. Let me know when you did and I will measure your line. 

There is no packet loss, 100 % of the packages arrives at it's destination. But you see the msn servers are take way to much time to sent them through. 

And of course I will check your line. Will you please fill in your profile so I have all the details to work with. Let me know when you did and I will measure your line. 

I have updated  my profile.  Please let me know if more information needed.

Thanks

Badri M

Which modem do you use? The Box 12? Or do you have an own modem?

What I do see are some disconnets. Maybe 1 or 2 a day. Most of them looks like restarts from your side. Is that correct?

Hi

I use my own router .  Its x86 router with i5 processor and 16GB RAM.  So no bottle neck from router.  Router is connected directly to Fibre Box ( Fibre to Ethernet).  

Yes, I restart my router and Fibre Optic box every now and then.

Thanks for checking my line.

Thanks

Badri M

Already thought so when I measured your line. So I can't do any further measurements. 

I want to ask you to replace your own router with ours. And with our DNS: 195.121.1.34 and 195.121.1.66.

When everything works fine with our modem. It should be your router which causes the problems. Maybe you dan check the settings.  

If the problem still occurs we have to investigate further with our modem still in place.