Skip to main content

Hi

I’m planning to switch to Ziggo. what is the procedure? Can anyone from KPN can guide me for seamless transfer

Regards

Sudheer

Hi @sudheer, welcome to the forum! I'm sorry to hear you want to leave us. Is there any specific reason for wanting to switch? If you're experiencing a problem of some kind I'd be happy to look into that with you. 

If you do really wish to switch, no problem. You van just contact Ziggo and sign up. Make sure you do so with ‘overstapservice’. This lets Ziggo contact us and will result in your KPN ending on the same day as Ziggo gets activated. This way you won't be without internet. 

Thanks for your response. I have opted for switch service with Ziggo. I need to understand the detailed process. I haven’t done this before. Is it possible to arrange for a call to explain? Do I need to pay penalty for switch over. I’m facing Internet speed issue, I don’t have any contact number to discuss.

When your contract is older then one year you can switch without fine. The term of ending is one month.

With a switch to another provider you can take your home phonenumber to  the new provider.

You will LOSE your e-mail adresses at KPN. (f.i. @kpnmail.nl ) Those will stop 3 months after ending the contract.

If you don't have a home number you don't have to use the “overstapservice". Then you simply can end the contract with KPN en take en new one at Ziggo. Only when you wan't to keep your home-phone-number you MUST use the “overstap"-service. When you don't have a home-phone or don't want to keep you CAN use this service.

With “overstap”-service you haven't double costs.

Thank you. Is it possible someone from KPN can review my actual situation of my account. I did understand the conditions. just to be doubly sure.

Yes, Erik can do that.

Have you filled in your profile? Then he can find you in the systeems.

i have updated my profile. let me know if you need any other details.

Thank you, @sudheer. You're no longer under contract with us. Which means you can leave at anytime, with one month notice. It's really not difficult. The easiest method is, as I said in my earlier message: call Ziggo and sign up there with overstapservice. They will then handle the cancelling of your services with us. This will make sure that our services stop on the day that Ziggo gets activated. This way you will not be without internet, and at the same time, there will not be any double costs.

It works as follows:

• You sign up with Ziggo with overstapservice
  • Ziggo lets us know the likely date they will start 
  • We send you initial confirmation of end-of-service. The date in that letter/email will be the date Ziggo gives us
  • We then wait for confirmation from Ziggo that their services are active
  • It is possible that you will receive a regular bill from us for a new month while we wait for the final confirmation from Ziggo. Pay this bill as normal, any money after the end date will be given back.
  • When we get the final confirmation from Ziggo that your services with them are active, we do the actual ending of service and send you a confirmation of that
  • After this date, you will receive your final bill (on the normal date) wherein any money you might have over paid gets returned to you

Hi

Thanks for your response. I’m speaking with Ziggo customer care today. They haven’t got overstapservice request from me, they asked me to cancel services to avoid double charges.

Ziggo is planning to activate their services by 11th Dec 2020.

Is it possible to cancel KPN services by 13th Dec 2020, 1 Month notice from today.

Let me know any questions

Regards

Sudheer

Is it possible to cancel KPN services by 13th Dec 2020, 1 Month notice from today.

When you take a new subscription at Ziggo with “overstapservice” then they will cancel your contract with KPN.

When you end your subscription at KPN yourself directly (you'll lose your landline-phone-number).

A subscription cannot be cancelled via a forum KPN moderator. That's only possible by calling customerservice on number 0800-0402. Or kpn.com/opzeggen but that's only in Dutch availeble.

Hi

Thanks for your response. I’m speaking with Ziggo customer care today. They haven’t got overstapservice request from me, they asked me to cancel services to avoid double charges.

Ziggo is planning to activate their services by 11th Dec 2020.

So, you had already signed up for Ziggo before calling them on the 13th? Because if you had, and had done so without overstapservice at that point, then they cannot add that later on. So yes, then you will have to cancel yourself. To do that, call us. It is not possible to do this via the forum. So, call us at 0800-0402. If you say something like ‘opzeggen’ you will be transferred directly to the cancellation department. 

thank you