Skip to main content

I have ordered  a fiber connection to the flat I moved to on the 3rd of March.

Finally managed to get one appointment on the 10th of April, today, and the technician did not show up.

I was waiting the whole morning until I called KPN to find out that the appointment was cancelled, which BTW I was not informed, due to corona, even tough KPN website says if a technician is needed for a new installation, the appointment will go on.

Now I have been waiting for more than one month and no idea when I will have internet.

Terrible start from KPN.

Hello @xripol welcome! I am very sorry to hear that the technician didn't show up today. Indeed a terrible start of your new subscription. During the coronacrisis we only schedule a technician when it’s necessary. To prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Your safety and that of our technicians are paramount. Sorry for the inconvenience. Could you please update your forum profile with your adress and evt. customer number? Could you also put your telephone number under ‘persoonlijke opmerkingen'? I will check if we can activate your connection (on a distance) or with an new appointment with the a technician :)

Thanks @Nadia … I’ve updated my profile with the information you asked for

Thank you, @xripol .

I can see my collegue has informed you about the situation.  The fibre connection isn't ready yet  and the so called POP (Point of Presence) is most likely located in a hotel which is closed now. 

I see you declined the copper alternative. (there is DSL possible on your adres) and my collegue has sent you a emergency package with mobile internet. 

It's impossible for me to predict when your line will be ready. 

Thank you for filling in your details. Unfortunately, as my colleague Erwin indicates, it is impossible to predict when you will be connected to fiber connecton. That depends entirely on whether and when we can access the hotel where your connection (POP) is located. We have to wait for the hotel. We will contact you later for that. 

Thank you both @Nadia and @Erwin_ … indeed one colleague of yours called me and explained the situation … I guess now the only thing left for me to do is wait….

@Erwin_ @Nadia is it possible to know which hotel is the one that is closed and stopping my fiber installation? 

Unfortunatly we don't have that information. All I could read in the technical notes was that the POP probably is located in a hotel which is closed. I'm sorry.

I have subscribed to a new fiber optics connection back in March but with the COVID situation all my installation appointments have been cancelled.

Today I got a new date but I have to wait another month for it.

The lady who I spoke with on the phone could not understand me very well so I didn’t want to argue with her.

Anyone in here could help me get a date sooner? As I mentioned before, I’ve been waiting for almost 3 months already to have internet at home

Admin: new topic moved to this existing topic

Hi @xripol, welcome back. Sorry to hear you still haven't had an appointment, and that the new date is so far away. I've looked into this, and the 15th of June is the day that KPN NetwerkNL will come by to finish the fiber. So, that means that we, as KPN the service provider, cannot do anything about that date. You can contact KPN NetwerkNL directly, their contact options are listed here, and see if it is possible for that date to be moved forward. However, I doubt that this will be possible. 

After KPN NetwerkNL has finished the fiber, they will let us know. And we can then get to work on getting your connection activated. The back office person you have spoken to has made a note of the date. They will look at your case again on the 16th to see if the ready-signal from KPN NetwerkNL has come in. If so, they will contact you, if not, they will check with KPN NetwerkNL.

Hello!

I have received the visit of the KPN network guys and they installed the fiber cable.

Now, there is a problem. They installed it outside my flat, where the electric and gas meters are located. On this cabinet, outside my flat, there is no electricity socket, the box where the fiber arrives has no power to be switched on. It was just left like this:

I know that the red cable connects this box to the experia router, but would that mean it would also have to stay out there, outside of the flat?

I was told someone else would have to come and install the experia box for me but it was my understanding I could have done that myself after they did their bit.

… the saga continues

Do you rent te appartment? If yes, I would contact het landlord and request information about the Fibreconnection