Skip to main content

Hello! We have a WiFi in our house and pay for a speed of 40 mbit but only get 16 max through the cabel. From WiFi our internet is mostly 0.5-1 mbit for any device and any floor of the house! The internet is also terribly unstable: it can work for a few hours but then stops working at all. It’s impossible to study or watch anything and it’s very annoying. I tried contacting the website Q&A and support but it’s useless. We were promised the faster cables almost a year ago but nothing happened except for some emails. I gave every consent for connecting us and I think the works in our street have been done as well, yet we still have terrible internet. Please at least reply here and suggest anything we can do to have normal internet at home - after all you take a lot of money for it but we don’t get even half of what we pay for. 

Hi @sarsemdi, thank you for your message. I've taken a look at your connection. 16Mbit/s is technically the maximum speed available on your adress. The speeds of our subscriptions are “up to” 40Mbit/s in your case. If there was more available you would get it but I'm afraid that's simply not possible until the line will be upgraded.

It should however be stable. Could you try our online wifimanager? This should help you get the most out of your wifi connection.

In the future (this year) we hope to get a fiber connection to your house. For more information you could check with our cable operator KPNNetwerkNL

Hello Thomas, thanks for the reply! I’ve already tried the WiFi manager from KPN, it didn’t change anything. I also regularly change WiFi channels which raises the speed to 1-3 mbps but it’s very tiresome to try all 13 channels like this every day. It’s also not the problem with my devices cos all other people in the house get the same problems, irrespective of device and the room location. The router also seems to work fine and the signal is good. Are there any other options that might help stabilize the connection? For example, how can I find out if this is the matter of unstable internet from kpn or something to do with the WiFi router? 

The wifimanager is kind of your best bet to increase the speeds of this connection. It's basically the only free option we have.
You could also call us on 0800-0402 so my colleagues can run some tests with you. That might help sometimes.
You should definitely be able to reach up to 16Mbit/s on Wifi in your house.