Skip to main content

Dear KPN

On 22nd September I contacted you regarding the above.  The lady I spoke to said that she would see to it that our TV and Internet would be charged minimally for 8 months as of end September as we were traveling abroad and will not be in The Netherlands until end May 2023.

To date I see you are still charging me the full amount of our subscription.

It would be appreciated if you could rectify this as soon as possible as I don’t want to have to cancel my contract.  I find it wasteful to spend so much money on a service we are not using.

It’s the Netherlands you know. If you have a fixed year contract for 1 year, you probably received what they call a discount for this as well. You then have to pay at least your contract for that year before you can cancel the contract monthly. Deception? Yes, it's the Netherlands you know, all providers do this. Probably only when measures come from the EU will something be done about this.  

Hello @Andrie and welcome here :)

I'm afraid you've been misinformed or there had been some kind of miscommunication; a contract for internet (and tv) is always for the period of 1 year. I'm really sorry but this is something we can't rectify for you. I would like to advise you to contact our helpdesk so they can end your contract. From abroad you can reach our customer service on the number +31 6 1200 1200 and tell the computer you are contacting us regarding the termination of your contract (opzeggen in Dutch).