Skip to main content

A week from install date I've just got this:

I've clipped the names out, but that's it. No numbers, no next date. The entire message, I've got a week before I need to be in there and I need that connection for work. I seriously doubt my daughter is going to entertain spending time over Christmas without Internet.

Any idea how long before they get a plan, is their an interim solution, is their any hope?

Hi @TCForumuser . Welcome to the forum.

I can't find a subscription on the postal code you have provided in your profile. Can you update that information and give me a reply in here?

I don't know what to add that's where it's being installed. I added current address in there in brackets

Someone rang, an engineer is coming after Christmas, on the 27th. No options for earlier. It's a disaster.

I have found a subscription on the original adres. The contractholder is a different person than you? (maybe your partner?)

Do you have a mobile subscription with KPN? If so, I can activate a free large bundle for you. 

Er.. that sounds super confusing, and worrying. I placed the order (order number is in my profile, because i couldn't find my customer number). There is zero chance that anyone but me placed the order, and named as contract holder. I have the contract details in my inbox, with my name on them

Ive updated with more numbers I got from KPN reviva when they announced the delay of my order in my profile.

No, I don't have a KPN subscription for mobile, 

I have managed to puzzle it all together.  And its not very uplifting. 

You are renting the house from people who already have an order placed on the same adres. This was blocking your order.  I contacted them and we agreed that I will terminate their order.  

The reason why you dont have a customer number is because you dont have a order yet. You only received a confirmation of your order but it didn't process.

My advice to you is to place a new order as soon as possible. Can you do that?

So I have done that and I have a new delivery day of the 17th of January against the original of 21st December

I have no TV or Internet for Christmas for my kid.

I also work from home.

I do want to thank you for figuring it out, but this is a big problem.

The engineer was going to turn up on the 27th, I guess that is a puzzle also?

Sadly I have no short term solution.

I can do a request on your behalf for a temporary servicepackage ( a wifi dongle and a digitenne tuner).  I can't give you guarantees but I wil do my best.

I'l give you an update at the beginning of next week. 

OK, Thank you. If you can get an update on the request.

I don’t really care about the tv tuner, but internet is the big need, if you can let me know ASAP.

My case is that I signed up, with delivery of pre Christmas, it first got delayed with zero explanation to after Christmas, - it then turns out - despite having a bunch of contract information - the whole order failed silently (as you discovered - so kudos to you), and I'm basically stuck.

I'm IT worker, with an 11 year old Minecraft/YouTuber. This is really difficult situation for me.

The first request was denied. Tomorrow I wil ask a colleague directly. (most people stil have days off )

@TCForumuser : did you receive an SMS ?

Yes, just seen in, that's the interim - that's great.. I've been off my mobile hotspot today, and it's not been good at all.

Thank you very much for that!

If your 4G reception is decent then this dongle will be very helpful. You can always upgrade the bundle (free of charge, of course). It comes with 50gb if I'm not mistaking.

Yes, reception is good - I'm very close to the center of the stad, and my home office is on the first floor. I've been trying to use mobile hotspot on my phone, but while its got good signal  - it's not going well - interrupts caused by I-dont-know-what when on conference/screen shares, anyway - might be my phone, my machine or slack or the network (of course)

Hopefully 50Gb will last a bit - I've no idea how much that is TBH, I'll set the connection to metered and see what it says after a day.

OK, mifi arrived yesterday and I've been on it for a few hours, seems to work well.

18 hours - although that included overnight - 800Mb I guess

Nice. You can upgrade by calling 0800 0402. If that doesn't work you can ask me. ( if you do so, please request it on monday, tuesday, wednesday or thursday.  Otherwise it might take longer for the bundle to be recharged )

Hey Erwin, would it be possible to upgrade with an additional 50GB please? My daughter has been killing it, I checked the total - and it was 10Gb, and then it leapt up 😞.

On the original installation front, they moved my fiber install date up which was great news, and as of this morning I have now a connection into the house, and the ‘12’ box arrived by post, and I was very excited, up until after a lot of searching it appears I’m missing an ‘NT’ box of some sort, after ringing KPN, and then KPN Network, and then KPN Network ringing KPN with me, apparently I’m now to expect a call from someone to make another appointment. 

Seems like a bit of a surprise that I need this box to some parts of KPN as I’ve also been informed by email that I’m now being billed for my now working service :rolling_eyes:

As an update, just got a call with a very helpful KPN person, and an engineer is now scheduled for tomorrow afternoon to install NT box, which is good. Still out of internet credits though..

I just requested a new free bundle. (this can take up to 24 hours to process )  Let's hope it won't be necessary and the mechanic will fix your internet this afternoon.

Hi Erwin

Good news - the chap turned up, five minutes to slot the NT over the top of the fiber install point, and we were working. I finally have lights, TV, music, vacuum robots etc. connected and working..

Things seem stable, so I’ll pop that Mifi back in the post tomorrow.

Many thanks for all your help, especially for figuring out where that order got lost and the proactivity in getting the blocking order cancelled, that really saved it. I’ve read a few horror stories.

Kind Regards

T

My pleasure. I'm glad I could help.  If you ever have other questions feel free to contact me in this topic.