Skip to main content

I am upgrading from 100mbps internet to 200mbps internet since I am connecting more devices(8 devices) at the same time. Currently the router is v10a, and I think it just cannot hold up with this number of devices connected. I am experiencing increased ping and slow download speed. (sometimes 50mbps in kpn speed test.) Sometimes the internet just entirely disconnect as well (from the router side).

However, the router being sent to me is v10, which is much older. Thise seems to be downgrade, and I am surprised that KPN is still installing the old router. May I know if there is any newer router? Can I at least keep my v10a for the installation? How many devices is the v10a supposed to handle?

I am upgrading from 100mbps internet to 200mbps internet since I am connecting more devices(8 devices) at the same time.

What makes you think 200Mbps is needed for 8 devices?

Am I correct when I think that you have a bonded VDSL connection.

If that is the case it explains why you received a V10 (without a) as the V10a does not support bonded VDSL.

Since 3 pcs are connected and used constantly, 200 mbps just provides better stability and headroom. From my test, simply opening up a youtube video can use 50-70mbps in the initial buffering stage, and when we do this for all our devices together, my ping blows up from 20ms to 200+ms consistently. Since there is no bandwidth limiter in the router, I believe I just need the headroom

If that is the case it explains why you received a V10 (without a) as the V10a does not support bonded VDSL.

In my router page, it is written: 

DSL modulation: VDSL2

Do you mean that currently for 100mbps i am using single VDSL with V10A, but for 200mbps I must use a bonded one so I must use a V10? I just learnt that there is a V12 router available, is that an option?

Do you mean that currently for 100mbps i am using single VDSL with V10A, but for 200mbps I must use a bonded one so I must use a V10?

Correct, that's what I mean.

I just learnt that there is a V12 router available, is that an option?

The V12 also does not support bonded VDSL.