Skip to main content

Hi there! Do we, as customers, a way to know when (if ever) KPN will upgrade the POP in my area to provide 4 Gbit/s internet? Thanks!!

It might take years before the PoP of your connection is going to be migrated from an active optical network (AON) to a passive optical network (PON). I also don't see any advantage for the customer as I am convinced you will not notice any difference in your daily (normal) usage between a 1Gbps and a 4Gbps connection.

It might take years before the PoP of your connection is going to be migrated from an active optical network (AON) to a passive optical network (PON). I also don't see any advantage for the customer as I am convinced you will not notice any difference in your daily (normal) usage between a 1Gbps and a 4Gbps connection.

I kindly invite you to read my question again 🙂 I'm asking about the KPN rollout plan, which of course, can't be asnwered by another user.

What you think about what I will notice or not, is out of the question.

Have a great weekend!

furfix wrote:

What you think about what I will notice or not, is out of the question, but I do agree that having a 100 bucks ubiquiti appliance, you will not notice any difference between dial-up connection and a 100G circuit ;)

I don't know if you also run, like me, a router from Uniquiti but if you do you should be able to monitor the workload on your WAN connection. Have you ever had a look at the bandwidth usage on your WAN connection? If not, I would strongly advice you to first determine your real bandwidth usage.

furfix wrote:

I'm asking about the KPN rollout plan, which of course, can't be asnwered by another user.

Don't expect to get an answer from KPN as even if a rollout plan is available they will never share it with their customers. Also bare in mind that it is far more important for KPN to expand their fiber network in areas they still operate a copper network or no network at all than migrating existing, well functioning, AON networks to PON networks.

furfix wrote:

Have a great weekend!

You too!