Skip to main content

Good evening, 

Sorry for the English, maar mijn Nederlands is echt niet op een acceptabel nivieu voor een openbare forum :)

At 20h30 tonight my fibre disconnected. At first I thought my daughter or the dog was at fault but then I eliminates them as a cause. I also checked the site for outages, rebooted the NT and the V12. Contacted support, they don't work on weekends. Logged into the V12 GUi and noticed ETHERNET WAN : DISCONNECTED.

Verified and saw no link/activity lights on the  12 or the NT. Swapped cables (twice), no change. I suspect the one of the two ports are broken, although strange that it happened - no surges, spikes or lightning.

How do I convince support on Monday morning that ive already tested to this level and that running the WiFi Manager won't make a difference? 

Good morning @Johan_S. How annoying that you can't use our services. Have you already gone through the steps on our service page? Which color are the lights on the (fibreglass) connection point? Have you already removed the power plug of the connection point from the socket for 2 minutes? If this doesn't solve the problem, I would like  to ask you to leave your details in the KPN Forum profile and a message in this topic after you done this. Then we can look into it futher for you. You can of course also call our customer service and indicate that you cannot use our services. Then you will also be helped further

Hi Vikash, 

Please see attached photos. Yes, I have reset the NT and the V12 sequentially as instructed by support. I have also reset the V12 with the reset button as requested - I assume it is now wholly inoperable as it wouldnt be able to download the config as it doesn't have WAN access, but that was what was asked, so that's what I did. 

I followed the steps on your site (as instructed by support) from my mobile phone of course, as the V12 doesn't have break out access 🤣🤣🤣

My details have been updated as requested. 

@Johan_S I did some checks, and it looks like there is a mechanic needed. 

So I planned it as soon as I could, Tuesday 14-12-2021  between 08:00 and 12:00. If this does not suit you, could you let me know as soon as possible? 

Perfect. Thank you

@Johan_S Did the mechanic solve the problem? 

Yes thanks. This can be marked as solved!