Skip to main content

Hello,

I am trying to log into the http://192.168.2.254/ however my experia box is version 8 and therefore has no password as on the V10.

Can you please advise on how to obtain the password?

Thanks,

May

Hi @MayG the first time you log on to the Experia Box v8 you leave the password field empty. You will then be prompted to enter your own chosen password. 

Hi @RBxx ,

Thanks for your answer. It is not the first time I have logged in. Last time was a few years back. Don’t remember the password but there is no option to reset. The login ID is Admin.

Hi @MayG the reset button is hidden behind the pinhole at the back marked 'reset'. Press this button a couple of seconds until the power light turns red, then release.

Hi @RBxx I have done that. Now I am again at the same screen where I see the below:

That’s strange @MayG . After a succesfull reset this should work. I can only assume the reset wasn’t properly completed. Did you press and hold the reset button long enough? Did all the lights go out?

If this doesn’t work I’m out of ideas.

Hello @MayG ,

I see from the screenshot that you sent the firmware version is 02.00.141W4. That version is a Telfort one.

This version is different than from KPN Experia Box V8. The initial password is than 1234 instead of blank.

Cheers Bart

@Bart_2020 , well spotted !!

@RBxx Thanks for taking the time to support me with answers!

@Bart_2020 Indeed well spotted. Password has worked and I am in.

Thank you both for your help with this :slight_smile:

You're welcome @MayG , glad to be able to helpÂ