Skip to main content

In September ExpediaBox VGV7519 was planned to be updated. Unfortunately, i have got e-mail that update was not successful. I followed instruction to disconnect power for 10 sec and switch modem on for update. Modem is working but I would like to be sure that it was updated correctly and I will not loose internet on 4 October. Version of the box is the following:
Arcadyan VGV7519
Firmware Version:02.00.141W4

Is it latest one?

Hello @Alex Net 

No unfortunately that’s not the latest version, a Telfort Experiabox v8 which is migrated to KPN should have version: 02.00.142W4

What you can try is to give the V8 a hard reset, it should then update to the latest version.

Here is the link how to reset the different version of the KPN modem/routers: https://forum.kpn.com/internet-9/hoe-reset-ik-de-kpn-experia-box-modem

Very bad, just 1 hour ago by phone i was told that it should have latest version if disconnect power for 10 second.

Will modem work after 4 October without hard reset?
I do not want to spend hours to re-setup all settings.

It will only continue to work after the update, you could wait a day and see if it will update tonight, otherwise a reset is the last option to get it updated.

if it is only update for improving mesh wi-fi, why it should stop working? Very strange.
What should be done to update it during night? How can i check there was any connection to update the modem?
Can I use “ Backup Configuration of Router “ option to store settings and restore afterward?

After using option “Reboot” via modem GUI the upgrade was done. New version is higher then it was mentioned:

Arcadyan VGV7519
Firmware Version:02.00.143W4

is it ok? will internet work from 4 October?

Yes that will work, you should also have another public ip-adres now.

This is an update for switching to the KPN network settings (PPPoE and VLAN 6), Telfort used different settings (DHCP and VLAN 34) and the Telfort setting will not work anymore after the 4th of October, but now you have the KPN version so it keeps working.

The mesh update is for the V10A modems.

good, i see now VDSL settings :

Description 1p/VLAN ID Protocol
WAN1 1/6 PPPoE
WAN2 -/- ---
WAN3 5/4 Routing

Thank you.

P.S.
It seems reboot via modem GUI helps too iso hard reset