Skip to main content

Hey!! So sorry about the long and confusing story but I’d like check there’s a problem with my modem details.

So I just got my wifi connection today, and when I connected to the wifi following the details on the sticker at the back of the modem (wifi Name & Password) it managed to connect, however 5 mins later it got disconnected and I could not find the same wifi name again at the settings - wifi page on my phone. But I saw a new wifi name (under KPN) popped in the wifi page that was never there before

I switched on/off the modem and internet lights started blinking so I reset the whole modem and the light was stable again. But the wifi name still does not show up on any of my devices. I then connected the ethernet cable to my laptop and I managed to get wifi through the cable.

I then logged in mijnmodem.kpn , went to the wifi settings and the wifi username/password details are different from the sticker on the back of the modem. The new wifi name is the same one as the one that popped up on the after my original wifi got disconnected. I managed to finally connect to the wifi using the details in mijnmodem.

Whats the reason why the username/password details on modem sticker and mijnmodem are different and is that an issue I should be worried about?

Hi @jill123 and welcome to our forum! You explained your situation well, and I find it odd that your WiFi details were different from those on the sticker as well. If you have a new subscription then everything should be new, and the WiFi details should be those on the sticker. If the subscription has existed for a while and you just got a new router, then it is possible that the details change. If they’ve ever been changed with our servicetool for that subscription, then it will be saved. If that's not the case for you however, I find it hard to explain why this happened too. Especially since you gave the router a reset (I assume this was done by pressing the reset button/hole until the power light started burning red). 

In any case, it's not something you need to be worried about. I'm glad you managed to log into your WiFi through your laptop! You can change the WiFi name and password on the webinterface and turn it into something you prefer. That way you’re sure your WiFi is secure and you can rest easy. 🙂