Skip to main content

Hello,

We have been trying to set up interactive TV receiver but keep getting the error code 27 after filling in the subscription information. We have tried all the steps on the KPN website but it didn’t work. We also called the customer service number few times but everytime we were told to try the same steps again and again. The last time we called, the agent said she will ask internally and then we were put on hold for an hour and half (and still waiting at the time I’m writing the post). 

We would like to receive some sort of solutions or response as soon as possible instead of just being put on hold. 

@Kaas9326 Foutcode -27 in beeld, zo los je het op | KPN

@Kaas9326 

Hello, this can be caused by the STB being partially registered on our servers which causes issues when you retry to register it. Can you add your iTV account number and the serial number of the receiver you are trying to register on your profile in one of the private fields?

Then a moderator can try to check if the receiver is indeed already partially registered and hopefully remove it for you. Otherwise the moderators know where to find me :-)

@Jeroen-bart Engelen Thank you! I have added the information in a private section in my profile.

@HansaanZet Thank you! But we have tried multiple times following the steps in the link but no luck

Hi @Kaas9326! Thanks for your subscription details. This allowed me to take a look at the system. Is the receiver wired to the modem or is it a wireless connection?

Hi @Lisa the TV receiver is wired to the modem via ethernet cable. 

​I do not get it! I see no sign of the receiver in our system. normally the receiver would be at least: 'registered'. Is your internet connection working properly? If so, and your receiver is correctly connected to the modem. I see no other option than to replace your receiver. he is (unfortunately) defective

Hi @Lisa yes the internet and WiFi works perfectly fine and the TV receiver should be connected to the modem correctly.

If we are going to replace the receiver, how long will it take? Because the reflection period is almost ending we would like to sort it out as soon as possible

@Lisa Could you send me the serial number of this STB? I think it might be stuck on one of our servers. I think error 27 always happens when registration on our systems fails. I could be wrong, but checking would be faster (and cheaper) then to replace it.

@Kaas9326 I found a configuration error on our servers and corrected it.

The receiver should now work. Can you give it a try and register it?

And thank you @Lisa for sending the serial number :-)

Yes it works now! Thank you both @Jeroen-bart Engelen @Lisa 

Yes good to hear @Kaas9326! And.. thank you @Jeroen-bart Engelen, for solving this :cowboy: