Skip to main content

Hi, I need to purchase a new remote control for the HMB 2260 V2 receiver. The one I have has stopped working, I can only see one remote for sale on the Kpn website, and it is for a different model of receiver. Can you help?

Hi, I need to purchase a new remote control for the HMB 2260 V2 receiver. The one I have has stopped working, I can only see one remote for sale on the Kpn website, and it is for a different model of receiver. Can you help?

Hi, this link may help you out;

https://www.kpn.com/televisie/installeren/afstandsbediening/kapot/nieuwe-afstandsbediening-aanvragen.htm?

You need to login with your KPN id

Welcome, Dave! If the remote broke, you don't need to buy a new one, we'll replace it for free :) This can be done through the service tool Anneke already linked. Be adviced it doesn't work well in Edge, so use Firefox or Chrome. If you run into problems, fill in your forum profile and we'll do it from here.

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply. When I click on the link I get a message “ An error has occurred, please try again later”.

i have filled out the forum profile, what happens next?

thanks in advance!

Thanks for filling out the profile, Dave. However, on the address you supplied I'm not seeing active KPN services. I've had one of my Telfort colleagues check, and there's no Telfort either. Do you maybe have a contract with XS4ALL, or perhaps NLE (currently known as Budget Alles-in-1)? If so, you will have to contact them directly to get the remote replaced.

Hi Eric,

ok this is a rented apartment, I thought it was with KPN. Can I buy the remote from kpn?

Hi Eric,

ok this is a rented apartment, I thought it was with KPN. Can I buy the remote from kpn?

Yes, if you do indeed have an HMB2260, you can buy this remote, it will work on that one. I would recommend, though, seeing if you can figure out who your actual service provider is. If there are ever any problems with the services, you will also need to contact them. And they can, and should, provide you with a replacement remote if the original one is defective.