Skip to main content

Hello to the forum,

I have a problem with the ARRIS 2952 TV ontvanger. Everytime that I put the device on standby, I get a noise signal which is disturbing my TV (Panasonic smart TV from 2012). I cannot re-start and watch TV unless I re-start my ARRIS ontvanger. Everytime I have to do hard re-start. If my ARRIS is out of power then everything is back to normal. Maybe someone has the same experience.

Hi @NikosAlkmaar, welcome. 

Do you mean. When you put the STB on standby you see the text: Zet uw ontvanger aan? 

So if you want to watch again. You put on your device, what happens than? What do you see? TV is on the right source? Than you hard reset the device by the switch on the back? 

Hi @Bart_Z  

I called KPN customer service and they re-upload the software of the box. But the situation is still the same. Everytime I switch on my TV (TV and the box at STB mode), I see white noice together with distorted signal and the sound is also distorted. Then I take out of power the box and I start it again and it works ok. And ofcourse every time the box is re-initializing as normal. TV has no problem because this happens only if the box starts up from STB mode. Never from another device (DVD etc). I think my ARRIS 2952 is defected.

It could also be HDMI cable. Have you tried another one? I would like to know if the cable has something to do with this issue.

Hi Bart_Z, thanks for your answer,

I have checked 3 different HDMI cables (one of them it is really an expensive one) and all of them have the same result. Also I checked all the 4 HDMI ports of my TV to see if any difference between them. There is no difference.

My ARRIS 2952 TV-ontvanger always needs to start from the beginning and no possible to start from STB mode. But if it starts from the “stopcontact” and after initializing every time, then it works for several hours with no problem.

I called KPN again and they will change my TV-onvanger, so tomorrow I will give back the old and I will receive a new one. I will give feedback to the forum if everything will be ok with the new one.

So the HDMI causes the problem neither. Hopefully the problem doesn't occur with new receiver.