Skip to main content

Hi,

I bought especially a kid SIM card  (abonnement) for putting in a Sanbo®️ Q12 smartwatch.

• The watch is not detecting the SIM card
  • SEtracker2 is connected to the smartwatch (but obviously cannot detect location)

Can you help?

Maybe something to do with the GPRS/APN settings?

Thanks

Hallo @SarahNL 

Een moderator kan de juiste instelling voor jou regelen. 

Zou je het Forum profiel  willen aanvullen met naam, postcode + huisnummer, klantnummer, simkaartnumnet en Telefoonnummer? Deze gegevens zijn alleen zichtbaar voor jou en KPN moderators. En geef hier even een seintje wanneer dit gedaan is. 

Done !

Can you help?

Thanks

Is there still a pin code active on that sim card?

If yes, have you been able to enter that pin code on the smartwatch?

I did put first the SIM in a normal phone and desactivated the PIN code.

The SIM works fine in the phone and i can surf internet

Never mind I have returned the watch… it does not inspire confidence.

Hi Sarah, welcome! Sorry to hear you were experiencing problems with the smart watch. You wrote that you unlocked and removed the pin before placing the sim in the smart watch. That is the right way. You also indicate that the sim in the phone was able to go online. That indicates a proper APN setting. So, I'm not sure there's anything we could have done. Changing the preferred band used is something that needs to be changed through the device you're using. So that would have needed to be a setting in the watch. 

You say you've returned the watch. I hope that it works better with a different one.

Ik ondervind hetzelfde probleem. Is er een oplossing bekend?

Mvg,

Remco