Skip to main content

Hello, I have activated a pre-paid Kpn sim card today, I received the pre-paid sim: activated but unable to make or receive calls I can only call 1200 number, but this does not help, since the help service is only in Dutch.

Hi @Velarde84, welcome to our forum! 
First things first, my colleagues on 1200 or 0800-0402 should also be able to help you in english but the computer sadly does not speak english (yet). It will send a text message with a link to our site but afterwards it should put you through with one of my colleagues.
You could also chat with us on www.kpn.com/service, first you click one of the products and then click “ik heb een andere vraag en wil een medewerker spreken” after which you click the chat button to speak to someone there!

Onto the issue at hand, did you manage to get it working in the mean-time?
Sometimes your phone simply needs a reboot after activating the Sim-card to reconnect it to our network.
If that hasn't solved the issue there might be a couple of other causes. Firstly, are you currently in the Netherlands connected to the KPN Network? The sim-card needs to connect to us to properly activate. 

Otherwise I'll take a look and see if everything is in order on our end.  Could you also add your phone number and sim-card number to your profile and let me know?
A reply here can take a couple of days sometimes so the quickest way will always be by phone or chat.