Skip to main content

Hi I purchased my sim online and activated it. But cannot make any calls

Hi @Sim active, welcome here! Please restart your phone (which phone is it?) and try again. If that doesn't work: Are you getting any messages on your display when you try to make a call? Can you receive calls? Does texting work, both sending and receiving?

If possible, try your sim card in another phone to see if that works. If not, please fill in your  forum profile and reply here so we can take a look. 

Hi ,

I tried restart nothing works texts , data and calls nothing is working. Tried activating again sir says sim is activated. While making a call I get a voice mentioning “ call disconnected due to administrative purpose please contact service provider “.

Hey @Sim active Thanks for leaving your updating your profile. I think I figured it out: your subscription is not yet active, which explains why you can't use your sim card. You seem to be transferring your number from another provider. Is that correct? Until your subscription with KPN starts you will still need to use you current sim card from your current provider. And, as I see, you must have received a text from us. You need to reply on, so we can continue to transfer your number.  

Hi 

it is a transfer number only. But that sim is already deactivated and I don’t have it with me. So it is kind a new number. Henceforth I didn’t receive any messages too.

@Sim active : This is, sadly, not the status in our systems. This number awaits activation on our platform. The way to do this is respond to the sms we have send to your old SIM. 

I hope you still have the old SIM card. Who was your previous provider?

If not: Do you have the customer number of your old provider? If so, please put it in your profile and give us an update. 

Hi , I have updated the previous service provider details in the profile. Please check and let me know.

Hi @Sim active .  I need your personal order/contract number from your previous provider. 

It's on the contract you had with lyca.  Can you please provide that? 

Hi ,

it was a prepaid number.

Hi! Can you enter the full Simcard number of your Lyca Prepaid card in your profile? This should be enough for Lyca Mobile to approve the transfer of the number.
Please write a reply when you did so. :blush: I have to add the simcard number to the request manually.  

hi,

sim no : 8931090700092628***

Thanks! I submitted the request manually. We expect a response from Lyca mobile, within 3 working days. They either approve the request of reject it. If they reject the submission they provide us with a small description of why the request wasn't approved. The only thing we can do now is wait….:sleeping: Next week we'll check the status of the request for you and let you know.  

Hi @Sim active, we have a response!

They have to reject the request, since the phone number isn't active any more. Therefore there's nothing to transfer from Lyca to KPN. This means the phone number is lost, we can't activate a number that doesn't exist any more :slight_frown:

I can activate your subscription with a new phone number, this won't take very long, are you ok with that?

Hi,

ok with new number if there is no other option.

@Sim active I activated your subscription, you should have received a text to confirm this. I will send you a private message with the phone number!

@Sim active I haven't heard from you so I assume that everything is okay now. If not, please let me know. 

Hi ,

thanks a lot . Received new connection and all good.