Skip to main content

Hello, is there any other way to make arrangements for number transfer from lycamobile to kpn, while not using 6688? My contact should start from the 1st of April but I can't send a message saying "yes" to 6688. 

Hi @Vaidotas, welcome to our forum. What happens when you try to tekst it to 6688? Do you get a reply it's not possible, won't it send or something else? And do you send 'Yes’, or 'Ja’? If can answer those questions and completely fill out your profile, I'll be able to take a look at it too. It's also possible to call us about this, that is the quickest way (since the contract starts tomorrow) on 0800-0402.

Thank you for your answer. I send engslih "yes", not "ya". Basically, phone showed ! to message to indicate that its not sent (if there was extra message I dont remember now) And I tried to call the number you mentioned, but with no luck. It didnt connect (i didnt understand why because the message was in Dutch). But there isnt problem anymore.

I solved the problem by reaching your customer service assistant through kpn's digital assistant. 

So for others who have the same problem, you need your old provider's client number and kpn assistant can do the transfer fo you.

For kpn i would recomened to include information that if you send the message to 6688 or transfer will be done by kpn assistant you wont be able to use your old phone number right away. My transfer was registered yesterday and in 5 minutes my number stoped working, so till my contract starts with kpn (tomorrow) i am disconnected from phone services, which is annoying 😑 my old services are stopped and new still haven't started if I had knew that I would wait till the last moment to transfer number.

Good to hear it has been solved @Vaidotas. When the text message 'Ja’ doesn't work the customer service (chat or call) can help with this, and they need the client number of the current/previous provider to do so. Usually is doesn't disconnect the current services, that should happen at the moment our connection becomes active. Has our service now started, can you use it?

Yes, today i started to use kpn😊

That is good news, welcome to kpn :smiley:

I had the same issue, stayed on the support call for almost 40 minutes and was just sent from hold to hold.

I ended canceling the order.

Useless!

If someone will have the same problem in the future, I just resolved it today: L-mobi said that you cannot send the messages to short numbers on L-mobi; your ‘client number’ with L-mobi is your phone number (starting from 31… you can see it in ‘my Lmobi’) -- so you call KPN support (some workers don’t know what to do, but today’s worker was really good and helpful) - you explain all this, and tell your client number with old provider (phone number, starting from 31) - the issue is solved, you receive an email/message confirmation.