Skip to main content

Hello,

I am having a series of issues moving from Lebara to KPN. I previously had a Lebara physical SIM only account. I recently purchased a new phone (iPhone 14) and Lebara does not have eSIM. I already have KPN internet, and would like to add a KPN eSIM account to bundle my mobile and internet. I have a few questions:

• When I try to do this online, it is not clear to me if the packages will be automatically bundled when purchasing, as I do not need a new internet package/modem/etc. Will this be accounted for already with my address, for example?
  • I am a Dutch resident but not a citizen. Why I try to order the eSIM, because of my identity card, it says they will send a physical SIM which I can convert to eSIM after activating. I don’t have a SIM tray in my phone. Can I activate the SIM card without installing it in a phone?
  • How quickly will I receive and be able to activate the SIM/eSIM? I see on this forum others have had issues with number porting from Lebara, if I select to have immediate number porting and pay the lump sum, will KPN take care of cancelling my other subscription and porting my number?

I am currently without any service because I already transferred my data to my new phone. Hoping to resolve this as quickly as possible!

Hi @kpnuser6, welcome on our forum. 

First of all, the iPhone 14 does have a SIM tray, so that should not be a problem. I'm guessing your ID card could be when needed to identify when the card is being delivered. 

Perhaps it would be easier for you to visit a KPN store, Fill in the name of your city there to find one. 

Hi Alex,

My iPhone is from the US, so unfortunately it does not have a SIM tray. I am hoping it can be activated without inserting it physically.

I am now also having an issue with number porting, where sending an SMS to 6688 from the correct number isn’t being received. I saw on other posts it may be possible to manage this on KPN’s side, is this possible?

Indeed I would have preferred a physical store but I wasn’t able to go in during the week because of my work schedule and was hoping to solve it before the weekend. Thanks for the tip!

I can fix the porting for you, but I'm afraid that you will need a phone with a sim tray. So my advice is still to visit a KPN store, also for the porting. They are also open on Saturdays and some even on Sundays.