Skip to main content

Hi, I want to change my mobile subscription and go for less data (currently I have 20GB and I would go for 5 or 10GB per month). I don’t see any option in the app. Please let me know if it is possible to do.

Hi @S. Roy, welcome! You can change this through the app. Go to products, and select the mobile contract. Then, about halfway down the screen there's an option for ‘Abonnement wijzigen’. Pick that and you can change it. We've had some issues with the app yesterday, so if you tried then, please try again today.

Unfortunately i don’t see that option. The options are “Tegoed”, “tarieven en bundeks”, “Opwaarderen” and “Eenmalig gratis extra tegoed aanvragen” 

I see the problem, @S. Roy. You are using the prepaid app. The question is, then: do you also actually have a prepaid sim with us, or is it truly a contract? If it is a prepaid sim, then you do not have a set amount of data each month. There are bundles available for prepaid, but the highest is 1 GB for €9,99. 

If you do have a contract, you will need a different app. If you have an Apple device, get this one. If you have Android, get this one.

I checked this one and it is a postpaid app. My sim was initially prepaid and then I shifted to a postpaid contract with the same number. Can it be the problem. It would be really great if someone can call me and resolve the problem for once and all.

You might have to disconnect and reconnect your phone number with the app for it to fully see the change from prepaid to postpaid. If that doesn't help try the web version of the MijnKPN. If that is also unsuccessful, please fill in your forum profile and let me know when you've done so. I'll take a look then.

Hi, I have some question about my subscription and the bill. Looks like I have paid for calling within NL, whereas it should be unlimited in principle !!

Welcome back, @S. Roy! Would you please fill in your forum profile and reply here when you've done so? I can then take a look at the bill and your contract and see what's going on.

Thanks @Erik_ have updated it.

Thank you, @S. Roy! I've looked into it and I see what's happening. You do have unlimited calling. This is valid for phone calls to regular consumer numbers within the Netherlands and the EU. Calls to non-EU numbers, and to paid service numbers are, however, not free. Service numbers can be recognised by their starting digits of 0900, 0906 or 0909. The costs on your bill are for a 13 minute call to such a number.