Skip to main content
Hello,

I have an iPhone X which I purchased from KPN on a 2 year contract starting December 2017, so less then 2 years ago. A few months ago I noticed that my front facing camera is blurry. Up close(<0.5m) it is usable, but further then that it is very blurry.

How can I get this repaired? Is there any sort of warranty on the phone? I spoke with apple support who ran a diagnostic test and said that the device passed the software and hardware checks. I also reset the phone and did not restore from backup which did not solve the problem. Apple told me that the phone is no longer under any sort of warranty with them. So the only option is for KPN to provide some warranty here. Does that exist? This is not the sort of problem I want to pay a lot of money to fix, but if it is covered by a KPN warranty, I would want to get it repaired.

Does anybody have any advice for this situation? How much will this cost me? how long will I be without my phone?

Thanks!
HI Matthew, welcome on our board.

Apple told me that the phone is no longer under any sort of warranty with them.

Well, that's nonsense. You have a 2-year warranty, even with us. I assume you didn't damage the camera yourself? Take the phone with you together with the contract to a KPN shop, within 2 years we should be able to fix this if there is no damage done by you.
Even though it is IP67 water *resistant* unfortunately does not mean it is waterproof. I seems to have done well in reviewer tests, but some units just have bad seals. If you have AppleCare+, you can get it replaced, but it is not covered under warranty.
Even though it is IP67 water *resistant* unfortunately does not mean it is waterproof. I seems to have done well in reviewer tests, but some units just have bad seals. If you have AppleCare+, you can get it replaced, but it is not covered under warranty. shareit https://get-vidmateapk.com

If you need some more help let me know

I will help you out.

Even though it is IP67 water *resistant* unfortunately does not mean it is waterproof. I seems to have done well in reviewer tests, but some units just have bad seals. If you have AppleCare+, you can get it replaced, but it is not covered under warranty.