Skip to main content

It’s been several hours I have this issue:

Wegens een technisch probleem kunnen we momenteel je gegevens niet ophalen. Probeer het later nog eens.

When trying to add a 2GB bundle.

A very nice (able to speak English) medewerker at the phone gave me 5GB but it seems to be really slow (?) still, as if the sim card didn’t pick it up at all.

I’m leaving this in English because there’s nothing out there for English speakers and it’s really hard to  find anything, and most of the Customer Service at KPN is not “allowed” to give English service, which is ludicrous. The chat is useless because 1. there’s a bot (useless by default) and 2. when asking for a real human, there’s none available, for mysterious some reason.

If you have the same issue, please shout in this thread so they know - not sure if they are aware of the numbers of people living in the NL that do not speak Dutch fluently (or at least not enough to explain a technical issue on the app that doesn’t depend on anything specific).

Thanks! The last person I’ve spoken to (the nice guy who could speak English) told me this is a known issue = but why there’s no transparency about it? Or a code to refer to? So it’s easier to access to customer service? 

Do you have a page of down services one could look at to determine if they can just wait or if they need to seek support?

Hello, I believe I am having this same issue but I cannot reach the technical KPN service ANYWHERE. It's quite absurd. The level of service is really low and they only speak Dutch and also the chat would not send me to a medewerker for some reason.

Now, I have an error in trying to add more to my SUPPOSEDLY onbeperkt (inifinite) internet. 

When I try to recharge with a 2GB bundle, It says there was an error (who knows which one) and that my gegevens were incorrect (??).

How do you fix this and why it happens? I even reinstalled the app. I tried calling and they know nothing from the KPN service. 

Admin: samengevoegd met eigen topic.

Hello, it’s 2023 and a big company such as KPN still doesn’t have their customer service accessible for English speakers.

There are tons of companies in the NL that have expats as Software Engineers, Graphic Designers, Managers and so on, helping Dutch companies earning their profits and these people pay tons of taxes to the Dutch gov as well - so it’s about time KPN has a proper English free customer service.

Also, the chat bot should be in English, and why there’s no real person available in the chat itself? Bots are useless, and they make you lose a lot of time just to get to a real person - too bad that then they ask you to call and people can’t speak English at the phone.

It would be a win-win situation to have the chat in English because then we can all translate in case the person doesn’t speak the language.

Do you think is about time for companies like KPN to come to the 21st century?

My current problem (technical):

When trying to charge my internet, it gives an error and I’ve called the customer service twice and seemingly it’s still an issue.

Admin: merged topics to maintain a focused discussion.

I have the same problem.

Since today 12.00. I did manage to get a hold of customer service and even though they thought they could fix it, it hasn't worked.

I also got 5 GB to use use today but that also hasn't gotten through. 

I wonder how it will be fixed. 

Same issue here. Trying to request an additional 2GB to my unlimited bundle and getting 

Wegens een technisch probleem kunnen we momenteel je gegevens niet ophalen. Probeer het later nog eens.

@admin can you un-beantwoord? This forum is a little difficult to use on mobile, icons are way too small

Same issue here

Seems like it’s fixed

Yeah, I wish they'd communicate with us these disruptions a little more transparently.