Skip to main content

I have moved out of the Netherlands and I need to terminate my phone contract with KPN.

I managed to find this form which I believe I need to fill out in order to terminate the contract, however, I have a problem as it asks me to upload documents to prove I have indeed moved abroad. 

It says this could be either a letter stating my deregistration from the municipality, or a work contract from abroad, or a letter from my school stating I am studying there. 

The problem is, I deregistered online, so I do not have a letter from the municipality. Also I am not studying and I do not have a contract for my current job. 

How should I cancel my phone subscription in this case? I am thinking of asking my workplace to provide a letter stating I work there and I am currently living in my home country. 

Please could someone advice me on how to proceed? Thanks. 

Hi @yg2021, welcome here, good question. You should have gotten a confirmation from your municipality after deregistering. That confirmation should be proof enough if it contains the proper official municipality marks. So, try that. If it's not enough, you will be notified. If that is the case, then indeed try asking your work place for a letter. Make sure that is is signed and dated, and also has the date you started working/living there in it.