Skip to main content

Hi, My mobile subscription cancellation was delayed despite multiple phone calls to your contact center, reason why I am still being charged the monthly subscription even though the Mobile subscription is now cancelled.

Mobile Subscription Start Date: 5 Nov 2022

Request to cancel Subscription (Via Calling 0800 0402): 18 Nov 2022 - 2.16 pm

A lady attended my call and confirmed I am within two weeks of my subscription start date so I can cancel my 1 year contract without any extra charges.

Subscription not cancelled Called again (0800 0402): 02 Dec 2022 - 1.21 pm

A male answered my phone and assured me that he has sent an email to the concerned department to ensure I don’t get charged and that my subscription is cancelled as per my request.

Invoice received for December, called again (0800 0402): 12 Dec 2022 - 11.18 am

Spoke to Andy.loswijk who suggested to write an email to opzeggen@kpn.com explaining my correspondence so far.

14 Dec 2022 - my request to cancel my Mobile subscription was processed, however there is no mention of the charges.

I have blocked the direct debit to KPN Mobile from my account, as I’m seeing terrible service from you guys, despite several calls I don’t see a proper resolution.

Please can someone responsible look into ensuring I am not charged for KPN mobile as I had already requested to cancel my subscription within 14 days of start date of my contract.

Admin: telephone number and customer number erased because of privacy

Hi @A.Hameed! I've checked out the case with the data you provided. I see a note in our systems from December 14th. It states that we have indeed made an error with the initial cancellation of your contract. The note from the 14th states the colleague has fixed this. The cancellation has been put into our systems and a credit has been put on the next invoice.

Would you please confirm that you have been contacted by us to confirm this? Or that you have received the invoice and been compensated for the delayed cancellation?

Hi @Bram_ Thank you for your reply, I am aware that the subscription has been cancelled, however there has been no contact/confirmation that the invoiced amount will be credited OR that KPN acknowledges that my cancellation request came within 2 weeks of contract start date, reason why I shouldn’t be continued to be invoiced for the whole year.

I have already received 2 invoices, 1 for November when I started the contract (paid already), 2nd in December for which I have blocked the direct debit. The last email I’ve received is reminding me to pay this December invoice in the next 5 days.

Please can you help get this resolved internally. Thanks.   

@A.Hameed it has been resolved on the 15th. A credit amount has been put into our systems. This will be put on your next scheduled invoice. You usually get your invoice on the 9th of the month. So you will receive the amount on your account the 9th of Januari. 

If you do receive a reminder of your invoice from December, please contact us at 0800-0402. Or use the link provided to make an appointment to pay after you've received the money back.