Skip to main content

Hello, 

I have lived in the Netherlands and used KPN for almost 3 years now. I previously got a subscription for a phone that I paid off in 2 years, and that time my payments were 20eur max a month. However I would like to get a new phone with a higher monthly amount and on the website it says its not allowed because I am using a foreign ID card. I have read on your page that if I receive a residence proof from the municipality , I can get a phone subscription with the same rights as a dutch resident, meaning I would be allowed to pay higher monthly amounts without having to pay a very high one off payment,  is that true? Can this be done online or should I then visit one of your stores?

Thank you in advance

Hello @Lijana and welcome! It’s great to read you already have a subscription with us. You can best visit one of our stores when you have the time, so we can check the possibilities together. You will need a valid ID card, this can be for example an EU passport or EU ID card. There will be a check if you can pay the monthly amount and the limit of this amount. You can read more about this on our website gespreid betalen.

Hi. Thank you for your response. I actually visited a store today and was able to get a subscription which I wanted. Since I already used KPN before the process was very fast and easy. There were also no issues with not having a dutch ID. So for anyone else who is looking to get a phone I recommend KPN:)

Hallo @Liesbeth_ welkom bij het forum en het moderatieteam.🙂