Skip to main content

Hi!

I and my spouse both switched to KPN abonnement (1 year) from pre-paid during the Black Friday promotion. According to the promotion and our home benefit, we are supposed to pay eur 15 per month and don't have any connection costs. However, we both received an invoice with a different amount per month and with connection costs. 
Besides that, we did number porting and both of our new sim cards are still not working.
It is a very strange and unpleasant situation.

Hi @MyName, welcome on our board. 

Let's start with the cards that aren't working. Could and would you please add your details and the mobile numbers to your KPN profile? You can add the numbers under 'Persoonlijke opmerkingen’. 

Let me know when it's done.

I added our mobile numbers and client numbers we got. We both live at the same address and have KPN internet here.

Truth be told, no idea why your numbers aren't working. Everything seems fine from our side. Are you connected with the KPN network? 

Did you turn your phones off and on again? Seems like a stupid question, but you would be surprised at how often this helps. :wink:

Our phones recognize the network, but there is a "no signal" symbol. It seems very strange since previous prepaid KPN cards worked just fine. We turned phones on and off, tried the fly mod, re-installed sim cards, but still nothing.
After giving it some thought, I assume that it may be because of the 5G feature. Does our sim cards / mobile plan have 4G enabled?

Your sim cards will support 2/3/ 4/5 G, so there should be no issue in receiving a signal. Did your old sim cards stop working? Or haven't you tried them since your subscriptions started?

I just checked and our old sim cards are working again! Although they didn't work before. The strange thing is why we received new sim cards then :thinking:
So thank you a lot for your help with this issue! 

I finally connected the mobile subscription to MijnKPN and can see the details of the invoice. As I mentioned in the first post, we paid connection costs, although the promotion offer said "no connection costs". And it seems that the house benefit for KPN internet is not used, but we mentioned that we have KPN internet at our address while placing the order.
Could you please clarify the situation?

Ah, I don't really understand it either, but I'm glad you both have a signal again!

Your subscriptions weren't connected yet so you didn't receive any benefits, I’ve fixed this so they're active now on all 3 subscriptions :slight_smile:

About the connection costs: I'm not sure what happened here and want to contact a different department to ask how we can sort it our. They are closed in the weekend, so for this part we'll have to wait till Monday.

We really appreciate your help! :blush:
We'll wait until Monday then. 

Hi!
It is already Thursday, but still no answer, so I want to remind about the connection costs problem.

Hi @MyName! One of my colleagues is trying to figure out why you're presented with these costs, I'm waiting for an answer. As soon as I know more, I'll let you know!

Hi @MyName, for both phone numbers, you should receive a compensation for the connection costs on the next invoice (January) . Will you please inform me if you really are compensated when this invoice is published? If not, I'll fix it myself on the invoice of February!

Thank you for the information! I don't have invoices yet, but will let you know about compensation later.

Happy holidays to you! :christmas_tree:

Thanks @MyName, same to you :blush:

Hi!

Unfortunately, there is no compensation for the connection costs in both invoices :pensive:

Hi!

Unfortunately, there is no compensation for the connection costs in both invoices :pensive:

:expressionless: I'm sorry!

I'll fix this on your next invoices!

I'm grateful for your help! :blush:

You're welcome @MyName :blush: