Skip to main content
Beantwoord

Benefit of KPN Experia box? Is it really needed for internet?

• 19 August 2024
  • 5 reacties
  • 76 keer bekeken

I am moving to new house and the old owner was using KPN Experia for internet. I have never used that and I am bit confused on the purpose. is it really needed ? or shall i use it with normal router? is there any additional benefits on using Experia? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pats

In the Netherlands, the regulation applies that you can use your own modem, so the use of an Experia Box is not mandatory. Other modems may also be used.

For example, I myself purchased a FritzBox. (you can alse lease this at KPN)

It is wise to keep the Experiabox in the box at home, in case it is needed when the helpdesk asks for it. You also get this Experiabox on loan, and you have to return it as soon as KPN asks for it.

I am moving to new house and the old owner was using KPN Experia for internet. I have never used that and I am bit confused on the purpose. is it really needed ? or shall i use it with normal router? is there any additional benefits on using Experia? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Pats

First of all, will KPN your new provider? The modem/router you need depends on the new provider and subscription of your choice. Ziggo(if available), KPN etc.

Hi @Techrpr,

The most important question: are you a KPN customer? Or do you have a subscription with another provider? If you're not a KPN customer, you can't use a KPN Experia Box. 

The previous owner of the house should have taken the Experia Box with him to the new address, or he should have returned it to KPN if he ended the contract when moving out.

If you order a KPN subscription, you will receive a KPN Experia Box, which is our modem/router. This Experia Box will remain KPN's property, if it breaks down or shows errors you will get a new one for free. As @AriënC already mentioned; you're allowed to switch to a router of your choice, if you prefer!

Hi,

Yes. I am a KPN subscriber and have been using it for many years. So I have raised a request to move the connection to the new house. But in my current house I have a different modem. No experia box. So not sure whether it is needed or not. Should I also mention that in my moving request?

Hi @Techrpr what kind of modem do you currently have if you don't have an experiabox?
You should be able to bring it to your new house.
If you need a new modem according to our files we'll automatically send you a new one!

Reageer