Skip to main content
Beantwoord

How does KPN prepaid work in Germany?

• 26 May 2024
  • 1 reactie
  • 47 keer bekeken

Hi, I'm in germany, want to get a prepaid card that I can use just to receive an occasional SMS to setup a new account on various websites, etc. I don't use a cell phone, otherwise.
Does the KPN card work on german networks, firstly?
I would want to keep the same phone number long term:
Is there any risk of the card being killed due to not using it often enough? How often must I use it to keep it alive, if so?
Or does keeping some credit on it suffice to do that? How often must I top it up, and how much money?
What does an SMS or call cost per minute in germany?
Will they ship a SIM to germany? Can I activate it from germany?
Thanks. :) 

Hi and welcome to the KPN community @Kelte Krabbelstein!

Yes, you can use a KPN prepaid simcard in Germany! The prices are the same as when you would use it in The Netherlands, so you won't pay any special or extra costs. Depending on how much you are gonna use it, it can be good to choose a prepaid bundle. The page is in Dutch, so I hope you're able to translate it. 

With a prepaid number, it's important that you use it at least once every 6 months. This means that you will have to make a call, send a text message or use internet, because receiving a call or text message isn't enough. Otherwise, the number will be deactivated. If that happens, you still have 3 months time to top the credit up, so it will be reactivated. It doesn't matter how much credit you add. So if you use it at least every 6 months, there won't be any issue.

You can get a prepaid simcard in a KPN shop or order one online, it isn't possible to receive or activate it outside of the Netherlands. 

Reageer