Skip to main content

I activated my new prepaid simcard last Friday and converted it into an esim on my iphone. Internet is working fine, and I also receive sms. 

Today I tried to make a phone call, and to my surprise every number I call I get a busy line. I tried to call my girlfriend whose phone was there, not on a call, and still got the line busy. 

I deactivated Volte and the problem persists. I tried via wifi calling too, the problem persists. 

The customer service is hard to reach via phone. How can I be assisted? 

Hi @Lorest25 , converting a prepaid number to E-sim, how did you do that?

According to the KPN website: E-sim, jouw nieuwe simkaart | KPN.com this is not supported for Prepaid yet. Have you tried the simcard again? Does it still work?

Hi @RBxx , 

that’s weird. I converted the sim into an e-sim from the mijn KPN app. 

I ordered everything online. I originally ordered an e-sim, but since I had to use a non-dutch EU ID to identify myself, the website told me to order a normal sim and then to convert it. Which I did, successfully for most parts (I can receive phone calls and navigate the internet with 4G). 

I can no longer use the sim card: at the end of the procedure the mijn KPN apps says that the physical sim is no longer active. I tried putting it again in the phone and indeed it doesn’t get any signal. 

Are you sure it's a Prepaid? Anybody can buy that in a shop without identification.

This sounds more like a subscription to me. So Postpaid instead of Prepaid.

@RBxx 

You are absolutely right, it is a subscription, not a prepaid. Sorry for the confusion, this was a lapsus from my end.  

I'm a customer like you but without experience with iPhone and/or E-sim.
Therefore it ends here for me. Do you have a KPN shop nearby? They might be able to help.
You can reach customerservice via 0800-0402 as well, but the (Dutch speaking) Voice Response System can be a nuisance.

A KPN moderator wil react here later, it's busy so that may take a few days.

@RBxx I think I will try at a shop, had no luck with the support line today unfortunately. 

Thank you! 

@Lorest25 Did you manage to solve this? If you need further assistance please let me know!

@Remco_ I went to a store today and they had to call a dedicated help desk and open a ticket. They said they will call me back within 3 business days. 

The employee at the store couldn’t see what the issue is, but is definitely a network setting (we tried multiple devices with my simkart and the issue occurred again). He transferred my data to another sim and the issue was still there. Very weird case. 

That's unfortunate @Lorest25 . I hope my colleagues can resolve the issue soon!

@Remco_ My problem has been solved, the technical help desk apparently had to do a network reboot in order to solve the problem. I am very pleased with the service I received and that my issue was solved so fast.

The only downpoint in the whole experience -besides the issue itself, which was not the worst that could happen- is that the general customer support was impossible to reach over the phone. The automated voice gave me a waiting time of up to 12 minutes, but nobody replied during the +30 minutes I waited. 

Perhaps you can pass on the feedback that the time estimation should be more accurate, or even better give a callback option. 

@Lorest25 That's great news and i'm glad the issue has been resolved. It's unfortunate that you could not reach my colleagues and i will provide feedback on this issue. You can always post a topic if you need assistance in the future!