Skip to main content

Today i got an invoice from KPN for the wifi booster devices (79 EUR) which is placed by the KPN engineer in my house during installation because the wifi modem provided by KPN is not able to transmit good signal even on my first floor (near to stair well). The 200 MBPS connection of KPN is just able to provide me a speed of 5 to 10 MBPS on 1st floor (Forget about the 2nd Floor). Before proceeding with KPN, i had a discussion with KPN service center, and at tat time they assured me that KPN will gurantee the good signal on every floor of my house. And if the signal is not good enough on any of the floor, the KPN will provide the booster devices for free. 

The engineer mentioned the poor quality of signal on my 1st floor in his report and ask me to connect KPN service center to get the waived off the booster device cost. But when i called the KPN service center now after installation, they told me that they can not grantee good signal on my 1st floor and i have to pay the cost of booster devices if i need a workable connection in my first floor. How come the service conditions of KPN changes in just few days ? 
I am really disappointed with the way, the customer care executive talk to us, it seems that they dont care about the customer. They told me upfront that i can chose the better service if i am not satisfied from KPN but this is how KPN work.
My question to KPN - Is it true that KPN not guarantee the good wifi signal even on my first Floor? And to use the KPN connection, its mandatory  to buy the booster if i have two floors in my house ?

I hope that i will get some assistance here.

Regards,

Ashish

Hi @Ashish Agrawal and welcome to our forum! I'm sorry to read that there's some confusion regarding the purchase of your boosters, especially since the colleague you spoke initially hasn't informed you well. The boosters aren't free.  After you receive them they are in your possession and therefore they’re not free. You did get them at a discounted price, if you paid €79,- for two of them, as the regular price is €199,-.  If you don't want to pay for them, you have a 14-day return possibility for the boosters in which you can return them to a KPN store (don't forget to bring your invoice for the boosters) and you’ll get your money back. We cannot guarantee good Wi-Fi, as it's subjected to so many things in the environment that can disrupt the signal. However, we can support you in improving it by sending a mechanic or offering Wi-Fi boosters, the service that has been provided to you, although this isn't always free. It is also not mandatory to buy the boosters, but if they help to improve your Wi-Fi you have the option to buy them. 

I'm also sorry to read about your experience when contacting us after the visit from the mechanic. Know that we do value you as a customer, and I'm happy that you chose us to be your provider. There's nothing I can do to change our conditions regarding the Wi-Fi boosters, but if you’re not willing to pay for them you’re always able to return them. If you have a home with several floors it's very difficult to get a good Wi-Fi signal everywhere without Wi-Fi boosters, but of course you’re free to explore other options. Be it working more with internet cables throughout your home for example, or finding cheaper Wi-Fi boosters elsewhere. I hope I've been able to provide some clarity in this, but should you have any other questions, do let me know! 

I haven't heard back from you, so I hope my answer was helpful and you got the information you were looking for. Should you still have any questions, don't hesitate to ask them here!Â