Skip to main content

Hello,

After moving to a new house, I requested a move of my internet connection on 7th of April.

After waiting for one month to get an appointment, two technicians came to my house and abandoned the job after 15 minutes, after leaving my garden damaged (tiles broken, flowers killed, glass pot broken ect.).
I contacted KPN and KPN network so many times (9 hours total spent on the phone with them).

Each time I heard taht KPN will contact me, they never did.

After 2 months without internet and loosing patience, I asked KPN to cancel my subscription.

After putting me on hold for almost 1 hour, the lady on the phone booked an appointment for today (23th May) with a KPN mechanic. I argued with her on the phone saying that I though only KPN network contractors were able to install optic fiber. She told me 3 times that the technician she booked is able to dig in my garden and install the optic fiber box.

After the call, I was so suspicious that I called back to ask another person if it was true.

He told me yes, that this technician is an optic fiber engineer allowed to dig in the street.

Guess what, this morning the technician comes to my house and tells me he is a WIFI technician and can’t install optic fiber. I’m quite sure they openly lied to me so that I don’t cancel.

I call KPN again to cancel my subscription, and the person tells me I have to wait one month.

The best part is that these 2 months I kept paying for no internet. When I asked customer service to get a refund, they told me it was not possible.

I don’t know what to do anymore. There is no way I wait one month to get rid of KPN. I feel quite insulted to have spend 9 hours total on the phone and having to miss work for the technician twice for nothing. They lied multiple times to me, kept taking my money, damaged my garden, and I still don’t have internet.

So I’m legitimately asking, do I have to initiate legal actions in order to get my money back and compensation?

Thanks

First of all, this is a horrible story. I hope you don’t have to work from home.

Second, if you fill out your address data on your profile, a KPN moderator might take a look at it and explain what’s going on.

Third, you could always sue. Maybe it will help you personally, but KPN will not learn a thing from it.

Hi @agouby . Welcome to the forum.

This all sound pretty horrible.  The damage to your garden is caused by KPNNetwerk.  I won't be able to help you with that.

The other issues I'm willing to take a look at and perhaps I can be of assistance.  Can you please fill out your profile and give me sign here in this topic?