Skip to main content

I purchased a subscription for tv and Internet.

All is working for Internet, install of modem was quick; not same for tv. I just connect the tv box, I am asked to enter the language, choose the network, and then the tv starts to search for updates; in this phase I get the error: An error occurred - KBX-SOTA-E101; Will retry in a moment.If I let the device keep trying for updates it gives me the same error, after 4-5 attempts another error message appears saying too many attempts were made and I am asked to try again in 24 hours or contact the customer service. This last option seems impossible as customer service only guide you to tutorials that does not really resolve your issue, and you never have the possibility to talk to a real person.

Is there a way I can resolve this issue?

Thank you,

Luca

Welke KPN tv decoder heb je?

What kind of KPN tv receiver do you have? 

How is the KPN tv receiver connected with the KPN experiabox or box12? 

Do you use a DVS? 

I had the same problem. This was resolved with changing the TV+ box for the newest version. If you received the previous version you will get this error. You cannot do a first install with this older version anymore. Just contact the KPN service line.

Hi @Lucaluca4 @BenvdB, welcome to our forum!
The quickest way to get help with this will be by phone on 0800-0402. After the computer tries to help you it will transfer you to a colleague!

Ook  ik heb deze foutmelding op 1 van mijn 2 diw7022 boxen . Ik had deze na 1 juni pas uitgepakt , en deze werkt dus niet meer volgens de ontvangen mail van kpn . Dezelfde foutcode kbx-sota-e101.  Derhalve kpn gebeld , men zou een nieuwe box sturen . En wat kreeg ik in de brievenbus : een afstand bediening.  Weer kpn gebeld : sorrie , we sturen alsnog een nieuwe box . En wat gebeurt er : weer een afstand bediening in de brievenbus . Nu heb ik dus 3 afstand bedieningen voor die kapoote box . Weer kpn gebeld , ik moest maar naar KPN in Meppel gaan om de box om te ruilen . Maar ik heb geen vervoer. En hebben ze daar voorraad ? Weer kpn gebeld , men zou een hogere afdeling benaderen om de box toch te versturen . Ik zou benaderd worden. Dat is al weer 2 dagen geleden dus, niets gehoord. Wat nu ? Kassa ? Radar ?