Skip to main content

Hello,

I have a prepaid KPN simcard, unfortunately I don’t have the card with the PIN/PUK codes and the phone number, I threw it away..

Now I’m stuck, I don’t know what is my phone number, it won’t appear anywhere in the settings.

• I tried sending SMS, to another number but they won’t send, I have an error message.
  • I tried to call another number but the robot automatically says “the phone number you tried to call didn’t responded, please try later.”
  • I tried using different USSD codes I’ve found on this forums, no results.

The only thing I have it’s my SIM number which is on the SIM card.

How can I know my phone number and why I can’t send any SMS or call?

Thank you for your help!

Forgot to mention:

I’m not in Netherlands currently so I can’t even call the support of KPN since I can’t make phone calls. And the chat in the support is a robot and won’t redirect me to a human support for help.

Hi @pfinet60 

I assume your simcard isn’t activated yet. That’s automatically done by connecting to the KPN network in the Netherlands. It doesn’t work from abroad. However, it can be activated remotely by KPN. Put the simcard number in your Forum profile, which is visible for KPN and yourself only. Use the field “Persoonlijke opmerkingen” and don’t forget to save your entry by pressing the button “Sla wijzigingen op”.

Report back here when you’ve done so, then I will give a signal to the moderators. I hope they can help you with this. Throwing away the card with the codes was not so smart.

Hi @pfinet60 

I assume your simcard isn’t activated yet. That’s automatically done by connecting to the KPN network in the Netherlands. It doesn’t work from abroad. However, it can be activated remotely by KPN. Put the simcard number in your Forum profile, which is visible for KPN and yourself only. Use the field “Persoonlijke opmerkingen” and don’t forget to save your entry by pressing the button “Sla wijzigingen op”.

Report back here when you’ve done so, then I will give a signal to the moderators. I hope they can help you with this. Throwing away the card with the codes was not so smart.

Hi,

Thank you for you swift response. Good to know, I’ve put the SIM when I was already aboard..

I have filled the “Persoonlijke opmerkingen” field, should be good now. 

Throwing away the card with the codes was really dumb indeed.. 

I’ve notified the moderators. I hope they can help you.

Hi @pfinet60, welcome to our forum. I've used the simcard number to find your 06-number. What Ruud said about the card not being active was spot on, it wasn't activated yet. I have activated it now, it should work 🙂

I've also added the 06-number on your profile, in the "Klantnummer (mobiel)” field. Can you try if it works?

Hi @Jasper , as @pfinet60 was so dumb (his own words 😊)  to throw away the plastic card, can you also provide the PUK-code? The other way of course is him using the form on the KPN website:

https://www.kpn.com/service/mobiel/pukcode/pukcode-opvragen.htm

I wouldn't call it dumb @pfinet60 , maybe just a bit hasty 😉

I have activated it now, it should work 🙂

I've also added the 06-number on your profile, in the "Klantnummer (mobiel)” field. Can you try if it works?

The PUK-code is also on your profile. If you lose it you can either use that, the link Ruud mentioned or our Prepaid app: De KPN Prepaid App. There are a few options to find it 🙂

I wouldn't call it dumb @pfinet60 , maybe just a bit hasty 😉

The PUK-code is also on your profile. If you lose it you can either use that, the link Ruud mentioned or our Prepaid app: De KPN Prepaid App. There are a few options to find it 🙂

Yes, that’s the number!

Thank you very much for your quick help, appreciate it!

You're welcome @pfinet60, glad I could help 🙂

If there is anything else we can do for you, don't hesitate to ask us.

Hi, I have the same problem here. Please help me find my number

thanks!

Hi @Javier Venegas Picero, welcome to our forum. Can you tell us what you've tried so far? In the comments above are suggestions and tips. Have you tried those?