Skip to main content
Beantwoord

I can't seem to activate my KPN prepaid sim card

• 12 July 2024
  • 7 reacties
  • 98 keer bekeken

Hi I purchased a prepaid sim card. The card will not activate and I cannot receive the message from the KPN prepaid application. Can you please assist me in activating it.

Hi @Luke Brinkmann 

Are you currently in the Netherlands or abroad?
A KPN prepaid SIM card can only be activated by you by connecting to the KPN network.

If you are outside the Netherlands this won't work. A KPN moderator can help you then if you place the 06-number and the SIM cardnumber in your Community profile . Use the field "Persoonlijke opmerkingen” which is only visible to KPN.

Be careful: this is a public website, everybody can see this. Remove the 06-number in your reaction above via the three dots below your post and then “Bewerk”.

Hi, Thanks for your response. I am in the Netherlands but it is not activating. I have added the phone number to the personal comments section. Thanks.

Hi @Luke Brinkmann , a response from a KPN moderator can take several days.

You can call KPN customerservice on 0800-0402 on mon-fri 08.00 to 18.00, saturdays until 17.00.

What is the expiring date on the package? Some shops leave it too long on the shelve. After expiring it can no longer be activated and shouldn't it be sold. In that case go back to the shop where you bought it.

Okay, seems like it has expired. And KPN can't re-activate it remotely? Also, I can't call since I don't have a sim. Seems like the foreign sim cards cannot call the call centre number.

Okay, seems like it has expired. And KPN can't re-activate it remotely? Also, I can't call since I don't have a sim. Seems like the foreign sim cards cannot call the call centre number.

The expiry date on the package told you this? Then it's too late, KPN can't correct that.

The KPN call centre number for foreign numbers is +31 6 12001200 (with calling costs)

The only place where you can correct this is the same shop where you bought it. With the receipt.

KPN is not responseble for actions of retailers. KPN sels the packages to them. They are responsible for the expiring date. KPN cannot activate because the number is no longer connected to that specific card.

Reageer