Skip to main content

Hello,

I received a message this morning that my connection should be active, so I hooked up my modem(Experiabox V10A) to the copper line in my meter closet. After leaving it for the instructed 30 minutes, it still doesn’t seem to actually connect, and just has a red light on.

I’ve tried restarting a couple times to no avail. How do I go about making an appointment with a technician? The order status page doesn’t allow me(“Er is iets fout gegaan.”), and calling 0800 0402 was not helpful.

Hi Gerald, welcome here! Thanks for filling in your profile. With that I've checked right away and I see that today is indeed activation day. However, that means that signal will activate at some point between 12:00 and 20:00. Usually it will be early, but it can take a while. Are you still having no connection? If not, reset the Experia Box (with a pin in the reset hole in the back) and try again, please. If that does not help, let us know and we'll see what we can do to get this sorted.

Hi Erik,

Thanks for the response. I tried resetting it by holding the pin down till the lights flashed, then turning it off and on again. Unfortunately it’s still the same result.

That's too bad, Gerald. I see that you've had contact with customer service earlier this afternoon. I am however unsure what exactly the colleague has done since it's only been a short time since then and some things take a wee bit of time to appear in our systems. It seems they submitted a request for information to the back office who should then contact you. Is that correct?

Yes, I spoke with support a short while ago. Someone from the technical department is (hopefully) going to call this evening to try some troubleshooting or arrange a visit later.

Alright! I hope so too.  If you haven't been contacted by tomorow, let us know. 

As far as I can see, @GeraldP, you now have a working connection, is that correct? 

Yes, thanks! A technician came around on Monday, and sorted it out. The existing copper line was connected to the wrong pair of wires coming off the street, apparently.

Oh, that is good to hear. Glad that a technician could come out relatively quick to sort this out.